Engels Primary school
Scout and Jem don't really like Aunt Alexandra for most of the novel. Their aunt is from the old southern school of etiquette. She does not approve of the way Atticus is raising his children. She thinks they have far too much freedom to play and express their opinions. Aunt Alexandra thinks that Scout in particular is not behaving like a proper young lady.
Jack is fatherly, but Scout feels she can confide in him; He
keeps his secrets and she trusts him.
Where does it say Curley doesn't love Lennie?
Curley acts threateningly towards Lennie. As he leaves, Candy explains that Curley, who is short, hates big guys like Lennie out of jealousy. George says that as tough as Curley is, Curley will regret it if he gets into a fight with Lennie, who is incredibly strong.
How many words can you have on a loose leaf while writing?
This is one of those questions that, while likely having a definitive answer, has no concrete or workable answer.
The minimum number is of course 1. (In my opinion, zero is a number, but there has to be something to make it count, even if it is the word A.)
The maximum READABLE number of words, with no optical equipment other than regular reading glasses...maybe 300.
What is the English name for the week before Easter?
Holy Week I think the answer
What does it mean that we swim against the current in boats and are constantly transported back to the past?
These words close the novel and find Nick returning to the theme of the importance of the past for the dreams of the future, represented here by the green light.
What do my feelings that are all over the place mean?
You have mixed feelings
What does Mr. Underwood think about Tom's death?
In his editorial, Mr. Underwood Tom's death for a "sensible slaughter of a songbird"; this is of course directly related to the title of the novel. Tom is an innocent mockingbird killed by ignorance, injustice and bigotry. Mr. Underwood is a man who lives by his own rules. But this discharge puts his business and himself at risk. Mr. Underwood feels very strongly about this caricature of justice.
What does Anne think of the Dutch helping Jews to go into hiding?
Anne is very impressed by the Dutch who help Jews go into hiding because they risk their own lives to save others.
What did the chief elder do before announcing Asher's assignment in the giver?
The overarching elder shared a story about how he got snack and smack mixed together as a triangle.
What did Chillingworth find on Dimesdale's chest?
He finds a scar in the shape of an "A" on his chest. You will only find out later in the book. It is revealed at the end of the book. I don't remember the whole book, but if I remember correctly, sometime at the end of the book, Hester and Dimmesdale are both standing on a scaffold with their "A" visible.
What are those things called on top of a car?
Roof racks? roof? antenna? light in some cases?
2. Explain why it is important for manufacturers to conduct market research. Give at least one example of a type of market research that manufacturers conduct. Explain what kind of information this research provides.
- Demographic research: Find out which age groups like your product best. The information that comes from this research can be used to know which people to focus your sales efforts on.
- Geographic research: Find out where your product is more popular. Cities? Farmland? Near schools? New York? The information from this research can be used to determine the best places to sell your product.
Utility measures the preferences people have for various goods and services. Another way of saying this is that utility tells you how much people value certain goods and services and how much satisfaction they get from consuming them. Utility differs between individuals because people have different preferences. Some may get a lot of benefit/satisfaction from consuming coca-cola, while others get more benefit from consuming water.
Consumer behavior is simply determined by the utility people derive from the goods and services they consume. Knowledge of this tool explains what a person is likely to consume as he or she will consume the products that give him or her the greatest benefit
- The market for a particular product or service is dominated by a small number of producers.
- In an oligopoly, it is often more difficult for new producers to enter the market due to high barriers. Think about technological barriers (the knowledge of production is difficult to understand/find (e.g. the aircraft industry)), financial barriers (production requires a lot of (start-up) capital), patents, limited access to essential resources or the fact that the production costs of products dominated by an oligopoly usually falls as output increases (this makes it difficult for small new firms to enter the market).
- Is that people often stick to what they know. So more competition cannot overcome that loyalty; the new producers would simply lose money and go bankrupt.
- Another reason could be that if you only have 3 or 4 competitors, you as a producer are better able to raise the price if you know that all your competitors will do the same.
- A high rating means that there is less need to convince people through advertising that your product is worth consuming.
- I suppose this means that a greater prevalence of a certain product means that people are more familiar with it, and therefore less advertising is needed to sell it.
What century does The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn take place in?
It takes place when slavery in America was at its height
Originally, the Electoral College did not consider _______.
Originally, the electoral college did not take political parties into account.
In the beginning, political parties were ignored by the Electoral College, while PACs (Political Action Committees), individuals and lobbyists were represented by them. This is something that has changed with the introduction of the 12th Amendment to the Constitution.
Why do they call people with glasses four eyes?
It's a name bullies use when they talk to kids with glasses. The eyes under the glasses make 2 eyes and the glasses add 2 more eyes. It's really gross to call someone with glasses.
What is the middle part of a paper towel called?
It is called tougher
What do you call people who have wanderlust?
People who have wanderlust are people who really like to travel.
Which rocket was launched? Which word in the sentence above would I have as the direct object?
A. Which one
A direct object is a noun or pronoun that receives the action in the sentence; they can be identified by "what?" or "who?" to ask.
In the given question, missile is the direct object when it receives the action launch. Moreover, we can also identify it as the direct object when we ask the question "What did they launch?" Answer: (A kind of) rocket.
The word in the sentence that is the direct object is Rocket.
The direct object is a noun or group of nouns that is directly affected by the action of the subject. It is easily identified because it answers the questions about who (m) or what, in the sentence Which missile did they fire? The subject is she, and the subject's action is launch, then the missile is the one receiving the action.
Speaking about recycling, the speaker said: "I took a beer bottle to the recycling center but they wouldn't take it. They said this is the pint of no return." what humorous verbal strategy did the speaker use?
The humorous verbal strategy used by the speaker is spun.
Puns are a play on words, meaning you change words slightly to create a humorous effect. Here the saying is "a point of no return", but the speaker was talking about beer and wanted to be funny, so he said "a pint of no return".
Hyperbole is exaggeration. Malapropism is the misuse of a word, often unintentionally. Spoonerism refers to the changing of the first letters of words just to create a humorous effect.
Edgar Allan Poe Literary Movement Barrel of Amonthildo
Edgar Allen Poe was a poet of the Romantic era. If that's your question, "The Cask of Amontillado" is romance
Came across, countless, every day, appeared, anxious. Make sentences with these words and phrases
1. Yesterday, while cleaning up the attic, I accidentally came across my old diary. - to meet means to find by chance
2. Scientists say that there are countless stars in the universe. - countless means countless
3. Religious wars were common during the Dark Ages. - everyday means ordinary
4. I thought I had solved everything when the problem reappeared. - to reappear means to reappear
5. I was so nervous before my exam because I didn't study too much. - anxiety means worried